Category: Eat Healthy
Your body needs the right vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to stay healthy. A healthy diet means that you are eating:
- Vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk products
- Seafood, poultry, lean meats, eggs, beans, peas, seeds, and nuts
Limit foods high in:
- Cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars
- Trans fats – Trans fats may be in foods like cakes, cookies, stick margarines, and fried foods.
- Saturated fats – These fats come from animal products like cheese, fatty meats, whole milk, and butter.
- Refined grains – Food products with refined grains include white bread, noodles, white rice, and flour tortillas.
Courtesy: Food Pyramid